Dreaming of a Jamaican Wedding
We can recommend some great wedding planners depending on what part of Jamaica you are planning to stay at. With Do Jamaica Your Way and your wedding planner, you will have the wedding you always dreamed of!
Some important information you should know before getting married in Jamaica:
The cost of a license is four thousand Jamaican dollars (approximately US$75-US$80).
Unlike many countries, Jamaica does not expect you take a blood test before getting married. However, the following documentation is required:
- Proof of citizenship – certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father’s name.
- Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age.
- Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).
- Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.
- Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.
- French Canadians need a notarised translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents.There are non-denominational Marriage Officers who can officiate either at their offices, in their homes or at a place chosen by the couple, and are able to provide witnesses. Marriage Officers charge anywhere from US$50 – US$250.
The registrar’s office should be contacted for specific rules regarding planning your destination or beach wedding in Jamaica. They will also provide information regarding marriage licenses and marriage certificates.
Tel: 876 906 4908
Monday to Thursday 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Friday from 9:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M.